by Ali Spittel && James Reichard
We are going to talk about...
- How cool generative art is
- The intersection of art and code
- Generative art
- Where to start
Let's look at some art...
Code Art: any type of art created with code
What is generative art?
- Some sort of autonomous system is involved
- Creator does a lot of the work, but re-running the code results in a different outcome
- Lots of tweaking and iterating
Some Possibilities for Generative Art...
- Incorporate randomness
- Make use of algorithms
- Can have a result in mind
- Can also do without a result in mind
Where to start...
- Goal is to "make coding accessible for artists, designers, educators, and beginners"
- Lots of drawing, but also sound, video, and webcam
What to Build
- Even simple scripts can make really cool stuff
- Start with tutorials (or CodePens!) and tweak them
Keep in Touch!